I read a few food blogs and sometimes scan the freshly pressed food blogs on WordPress. I like finding new things to cook. Everyone here, except me, get bored with the same thing more than once every few weeks. On one of my regular reads I found this recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookie Pie and I was both pleased and surprised to see that I had all the ingredients. Normally I have to add the ingredients to my shopping list and often just don’t bother buying the stuff. Anyway, I took some time yesterday to make this cookie pie and it is quite yummy. It was easy to throw together and baked in a short amount of time. I think it would be a great dessert on a week night when you feel like something sweet. I followed the recipe as written except I used chocolate chips instead of chunks.
Have you heard about this? I can understand a lawyer using a loop hole to get a client off but this is insanity. What do you think?
Hey you! Yeah, you. The one looking at the photo. Do you like socks? Do you wear socks? Do you knit socks? Have you ever thought of knitting socks? You’ve got to knit these socks man. I’ve knit a lot of socks, hundreds probably and this pattern is good. You like good don’t you? I’ll hook you up. The pattern is Alternate Step Socks by Angela Wilson. It’s been around for a while but almost no one is doing it, er, knitting it. Come on. I know you want to. Go ahead. Look at the Ravelry page. Click the favorite button or download the pattern. You know you want to…
Honestly, I am really enjoying this pattern. There are a few patterns out there that have a rhythm and this is one of them. As you knit a row it begs you to knit the next and as you complete each repeat it begs you to knit another and another. It isn’t often I find a pattern I love so much that I am thinking about which yarn to use to knit the next pair before I’ve completed the first socks but this is it. The yarn is Another Crafty Girl Strong Sock in little green alien. The yarn is very yummy too. I will be getting more.
If you’d like to read more WIP Wednesday posts be sure to visit Tami’s Amis blog.
- I’m tired which is pretty typical for a Tuesday. Above you see breakfast: peanut butter on scali bread toasted with a Pepsi. I needed some caffeine and I am not a coffee person. Or a tea person for that matter.
- The taxes I’ve been slaving over are 99% done. I just have to talk with my father’s accountant. That will wrap up that mess for another year.
- We added two new fish to the tank on Sunday. They are Bloodfin Tetra. The Husband picked these since N’s first choice was in a quarantined tank. The new fish have settled in nicely and seem to be bridging the gap between the other 6 who were starting to pick on each other at meal times.
- I love the sock I’m knitting. The pattern has a rhythm to it like the Monkey sock pattern. I find myself completing repeat after repeat and the sock has grown so quickly. I wonder why it isn’t more popular. It should be. It’s a fantastic pattern. I can’t wait to show you photos and talk about it tomorrow.
- Simon has been very happy to see that everyone is eating peanut butter again. We seem to go on jags where everyone is eating it on everything and then we don’t touch it for weeks.
Yesterday The Husband, N and I ran to Michael’s to get a few things for a cub scout meeting and a project for school. I am helpless when yarn is in the vicinity so I HAD to go wander though the yarn department. On the first trip through I walked away with nothing but the men folk were taking their time dithering over a couple of things and I went back to look at the yarn again. It was on that second walk though that I spotted this yarn. It’s bright and screams sunny hot days. There was no stopping me once I saw that it was on clearance. The yarn is Loops & Threads luxury sock in balloons. I don’t know what I’ll knit with it but it makes me think that we could possibly have warm days in the future and at this point I need that.
I’m pretty busy. Most of the time I’m doing something for the benefit of some family member or another. A couple of weeks ago I ran to buy dog food and got distracted in the aquariums. Years ago we did the aquarium thing. We had a few guppies and when we had gone through a few batches of them, after a couple of years, we packed up the aquarium and put it in the basement thinking our love affair with fish had passed. Well I thought it might be fun to give it another try. N has asked for a new pet rather frequently since Franklin passed. Fish would be it. So I got online and read all I could stand about setting up a tank. Boy have things changed since we did it before. I got things all set up and we added 5 fish. Then we lost 2 fish and added 4 more. We have been stable at 7 for nearly a week now. Everyone in the tank seems happy and healthy. Everyone outside the tank takes a few minutes to watch the fish swim around. It’s surprising how easy it is to forget your daily stresses when watching fish. It’s very peaceful. We’re considering adding a couple more and then I think we’ll be all set.
I have cast on my sock and I am so enjoying it. The pattern, Alternate Step Socks, is very easy to follow. After one time through the 4 row repeat I knew the pattern and can now just knit away. The yarn, Another Crafty Girl Strong Sock in little green alien, is lovely. It has a nice little twist which I love. The yarn feels soft but not too soft which is perfect for socks. So now you’ll have to excuse me. I have socks to knit!