I’ve got a bit of a busy day today. There is the usual stuff, a socially distanced track meet and a Pokemon Go event. I’m going to try to fit in as much as I can. I’ve got things rattling through my head at the same time. It’s been a weird week, again. I’ll swing back and leave some comments in the comments as time permits.
- There is a large container ship blocking the Suez Canal. How crazy is that! The photos, of which I’ve seen a few, show a massive ship and a teeny tiny front end loader trying to dig it free. I’m thinking it’s going to take some time to fix this. All the while other ships are having to take the long way around. This must be costing every company (and by extension all people buying these goods) a fortune. Amazing how one seeming small inconvenience can cause ripples all around the world.
- President Biden conducted his first press conference. I watched it and then read the news reports and Twitter comments. I didn’t think he did too bad. He answered more questions than I expected. I would have liked to see more diverse questions. I would have liked to see more diverse press called on. I’ll be interested to see when he conducts another. I hope it’s before June.
- We’ve had two mass shooter incidents, Atlanta and Boulder. Both are tragic events. Both were used by the media initially for the narrative they wanted to push until it didn’t. No one seems to discuss the regular shootings that take place in Chicago and Baltimore. If a discussion on shootings and gun laws is going to take place a full study of the use and misuse of guns should be undertaken.
- Vice President Kamala Harris and President Bill Clinton conducted a webcast to discuss empowering women. I can’t even imagine a worse choice. Well, maybe Jeffrey Epstein if he was alive or Harvey Weinstein. How about a panel of women who are top in their field talking about how they got where they are?
- Have you seen the photos/videos by the senators who visited the border? Go look. The photo of the toddlers is particularly heartbreaking. We need to do better. We need to fix this. Now.
- Volcano eruption in Iceland. Drone footage is amazing and scary.
- Flooding in Australia with a side of spiders. H was particularly freaked out about the spiders. She is very anti spider.
Feel free to start some discussions in the comments. Go off the board and talk about the news item that’s got your attention this week. I’ll swing by later with my comments.