I promised yesterday that I’d do a Crafty Quiz. I figured if I was going to do it I was going to go big. Get ready for the Epic Crafty Quiz.
Since we have just completed our first year of this dang pandemic I’m going to use the year as the jumping off point. Get ready! Here we go!
- Have you crafted more this past year or less?
- Have you tried or become addicted to any new crafts?
- Have you added anything new to your crafting that you’d recommend others try?
- Ballpark estimate: How many things have you made?
- Which item is your favorite? Bonus points if you leave a link to a photo.
- Have you found a new designer that you enjoy? Do share a link if you can.
- Have you increased your craft learning? Have you taken online classes or used video to learn?
- Have you made more gifts than you normally would? Were they well received?
- If you have a craft group, have you found ways to meet this year? Maybe zoom meeting or small socially distanced group at a park?
- Do you want to make something soon? Have you got a plan?
- I’m trying something new here. If you’d like to add a question to the quiz feel free to place it in the comments.
Please feel free to answer in the comments. If you’d like to answer on your own blog leave a link so we can read your answers and answer your question if you ask one.
Here are my answers.
- Before I looked back to see what exactly I’ve made this year I would have guessed that I’ve made less. I think I’ve made more than I thought. I’ve completed 11 projects and have 3 or 4 in process. I even sewed some masks. I feel like my productivity dropped off though. I’ve spent more time than I usually do reading.
- I haven’t tried anything new. As much as I love the idea of trying new things I hesitate because I already have more than I’ll ever use.
- I haven’t found anything new but I have gone back to using a piece of paper to keep track of my projects. As much as I liked using the notes app in my phone I found it too easy to just check email or whatever and I was too easily distracted. The paper has worked out better as long as I remember to hide it. Myles new hobby is stealing my piece of paper and shredding it. So far he has left the all important last few marks alone.
- I have completed 11 projects and have 3 or 4 in process. I’ve allowed myself to break my 3 project rule but I won’t go beyond 4.
- My favorite item I’ve made is my Klickitat Street Cowl. It is outside my comfort zone colorwise. It was fun to knit. And it’s very fun to wear.
- I haven’t found a new designer recently. I’m always looking for one though:)
- I have been more willing to take the time to look at multiple ways to do things that are new to me. I’m currently learning to knit stripes in the round and I’ve been looking at various jogless jog methods.
- I haven’t made any gifts. I haven’t finished the blanket I was knitting as a gift and the baby arrived in November. I’m just not a great knit gifter.
- I have done zoom knitting with friends. It’s fun to spend time together but boy the time goes by super fast. I’d like to try socially distanced in person knitting.
- I still want to knit a cardigan. And a vest. I’ve got the yarn. Once I clear a couple of things off the WIP pile maybe I’ll cast on.
Remember to leave your answers in the comments or a link to your blog if you’ll be answering there. If you leave a question I’ll answer in the comments here or on your blog.