Today is my birthday. So far I have been celebrating the way I prefer: NO Christmas activities and lots of doing nothing that is ordinarily required. The plan involves a late lunch of fast food (damn you Covid taking away my fancy restaurant meal) and an evening of knitting.
But for now I think a quiz is in order. Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link if you’re answering on your blog. Here we go!
- What is the most unique/fun/well enjoyed gift you’ve gotten for your birthday?
- What is your preferred dessert to celebrate your birthday?
- What is your worst birthday memory?
- Tell us a memory from a birthday when you were a child.
- How would you celebrate your birthday if money was no object?
Here are my answers.
- When a person has a birthday that is smack dab in the midst of the holidays the birthday celebration tends to get a little lost. I have to say the funnest “gift” is a nephew with whom I now share my birthday. Also I like it a lot when The Husband suggests I buy myself some yarn for my birthday.
- I do like cake on my birthday, always chocolate with chocolate frosting. My favorite birthday celebration dessert ever was an ice cream cake from Baskin Robins: chocolate cake with chocolate chip ice cream “frosted” in coffee ice cream. So darn good!
- My worst birthday memory is actually one that happened more than once when I was a kid. At least three times my birthday party was postponed due to snowstorms.
- I was about 8 years old and I’d been taking skating lessons so my mother planned my birthday party at the local skating rink. She even made me a skating outfit. It was glorious to 8 year old me.
- I’d love to rent a big house overlooking the ocean in Maine. I’d invite family and friends (all of Blogville too) to sit by the fireplace and enjoy a weekend. There would be good food, conversation and of course crafts. I’d never want it to end.
Remember to leave your answers in the comments or a link to your blog.