When I was out today mailing the payment for the furnace I stopped at the grocery store for bread and ice cream. I decided on Neapolitan because just one flavor wouldn’t do.
Anyone who has been around here for more than a bit knows I have a thing for ice cream. It (and turkey) would be my death row meal. I thought to help pass the day a food quiz would be fun. Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link to your post if you’re answering on your blog. Here we go.
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have a favorite dessert that you can’t pass up?
- If you were on a deserted island and could have only one food besides the fish and coconuts on the island what would it be?
- What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- Is there a food you wish you could make?
Here are my answers.
- My most favorite food is ice cream. I couldn’t live on it alone sadly. I also love roast turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy. But no giblets in the gravy please!
- Apple pie with ice cream. Or ice cream cake. Or a brownie with ice cream. I love most a la mode desserts.
- I’m breaking with expectation here and saying bread. I would want an ever changing variety of bread.
- I’ve had a few really good meals in my life. First I have to mention the Thanksgiving and Christmas meals I had as a child. My love of turkey comes from these memories. I wasn’t a good eater as a child. Saying I was fussy is mild. But eating turkey dinner with all the fixings at the dining room table was my favorite and I ate more than two bites of each food. When I was a teenager my father took my mother and I to a fancy restaurant where we ate prime rib that was so tender and delicious. I think it is the best beef I have ever eaten. On our honeymoon we drove from the east coast to the west where we were starting our married life. Along the way we stopped in New Mexico to ride the Sandia Peak Tram and we had dinner at the top. It is by far the fanciest place I’ve dined. The views out the windows were spectacular. I’d love to go back.
- So many things! I’d like to make pastries. Things like apple danish and cream puffs. I am a better cook than baker. I also have a tiny kitchen that isn’t great for making things that require space to roll things out.
Now that I’ve done all this talking about food I’m hungry.