Look! I worked a few more rows on the blanket. It’s about 31 inches wide and 16 inches long so I’ve just passed the halfway point. This leaves me hopeful but I’ve got to knit at least a handful of rows every day if I’m going to finish before the baby arrives.
After a weekend spend doing things that I find annoying I thought it would be fun to talk about things that annoy us. I thought it would be fun to do it as a quiz.
Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link if you’ll be answering on your blog.
Here are the questions:
- I have more than my fair share of faults. I’m sure everyone has one or two. I find one of mine particularly annoying. What is your biggest fault that you care to admit to?
- Is there something you have to do that really annoys you? Maybe you would never do it again if you could?
- When it comes to your crafting, what is the thing about it that annoys you the most?
- Does your significant other annoy you at times? What annoyance about them would you change?
- The whole Covid pandemic has been difficult. What has annoyed you the most? Is there something that others have complained about that you find is a positive?
Here are my answers.
- I could write a book of my faults but the one that annoys me more than any other is the fact that I hate doing things (like clean the house) that have to be done again quickly. I can literally wash every dish in my sink (we have no dishwasher-a minor annoyance except at holidays) and 5 minutes later there are more dirty dishes. Never ending chores are so annoying and I can’t stand them! I’ll leave them until the last possible second and then it’s twice the work and triple the annoyance.
- I don’t like to dust. I would never dust again if I could. It piles up though and once it’s disturbed I have to dust.
- I have a few annoyances with the crafty stuff. First, I can never find what I’m looking for. Be it yarn, needles or a pattern, it’s always a hunt and I have been known to just give up and buy another set of needles. It’s wasteful but it saves my sanity. Second, I’d really like to learn to sew. I have a decent sewing machine and my junior high home economics skills but I suck at it. It annoys me that every single time I try to sew something I end up with a barely passable item. I’ve got a ton of beginner tutorials saved on Pinterest but I just can’t convince myself to sew napkins or pillowcases as a way to get better.
- Of course The Husband annoys me at times. The one big one that I’ve learned to live with is he can’t get anywhere without directions. We can go the same place three or four times and he still needs me to tell him which way to go. Did I mention that he was a navigator in the Air Force? When he got his car he had to have a navigation system. Ironic isn’t it?
- Oh Covid. There are so many things to be annoyed about. My biggest annoyance is the fact that no one cuts the folks in charge any slack. This is a first in my lifetime: a global pandemic with a virus that doesn’t behave like a standard virus. We are all learning on the job and when we know better we do better. Lots of mistakes were made at all levels. The fact that a health issue has been turned into a political issue is just plain wrong. Nothing is more important than people’s health. My positive is being at home. I know a lot of people have missed their usual social interaction. While I have missed taking a vacation or going to eat in a restaurant, I have a new appreciation for being at home.
Again, feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link if you’re answering on your blog.