I was lucky to be nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much to Pam, The Frill Seeker. Do you read her blog? She’s a US expat living in South Korea with her super adorable dog Bodhi. She’s into crafts (don’t miss the origami!) and travel among other things.
These are the questions Pam asked me.
- What gets you excited about life? What a difficult question! I guess I enjoy the small moments the most. Time with family, crafting, travel, spending time with friends.
- How do you manage stress? I should say knit but I guess I manage some of my stress by talking it over with my husband. Also chocolate helps.
- If you could have chosen your own name, what would you have picked? Oh another tough one. As a kid I would have said Wendy. When I did get to pick my own name for confirmation I chose Erin. As an adult I would say Catherine Margaret.
- If your home was on fire, and you could only grab three things, what would they be? Assuming my family and Myles were safe, I’d grab photos (good thing this isn’t real because they’re stored in various spots around the house), my current knitting project and my mother’s jewelry.
- Do you think it’s too late to do certain things in your life? Some things yes. Most things no.
- What are three things you value most about a person? Honesty, sense of humor, kindness.
- What is your most cherished childhood memory? Again, the small things like everyone at the table for dinner.
I’m supposed to nominate 7 bloggers but I don’t want to put pressure on anyone so if you’re reading this consider yourself nominated. If the questions move you please answer them on your blog and include a link in my comments. I read a lot of blogs and enjoy them all.
Here are my questions:
- What book you read as a child influenced your life? Is it still relevant today?
- If you could live in a country other than your own which would it be and why?
- What is your biggest regret? (Since this is going on the internet use one you feel comfortable sharing.)
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- What is your worst trait?
- What is your best trait?
- Do you or did you have a mentor in your life for you career or life in general?
Rules for the Liebster Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
- Answer the 7 questions asked of you.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
- Ask ‘your nominees’ 7 questions. (or, change the number as you see fit.)
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the Internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, as a way to promote and support blogs with fewer than 200 readers. Of course, there are no hard and fast rules so you can give the award to any blog you want to support. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.