I took this photo after completing the 22 row of the chart. I knit 1 row watching TV and had to put it down to assess. I need advice and I want brutally honest advice (but only about this project. I’m not ready to go there with the other shit I’m dealing with.).
- I like the pattern though not the fit of the sweater girl style of the sweater. My days of wearing a short, bust accentuating sweater have passed. It will not be flattering on my body no matter what scaffolded undergarments I wear. I have reinvisioned the sweater as a standard top down pullover.
- The yarn I’m using is Plymouth Encore, a wool blend that’s mostly acrylic. It’s nice for what it is but it really isn’t working great for stranded colorwork. It is taking skills I lack to try to keep it free of puckering. Let’s be completely honest: This won’t block out. Acrylic isn’t known for it blocking. Knitting this in wool makes way more sense.
- If I forced myself to knit a few rows a day I could get through the yoke. The rest of the sweater would fly off the needles. It’s worsted weight. It’s nearly mindless.
- I feel really badly bailing on the Arachne KAL. I love knitting with others. It’s a connection with the greater knitting world that I think enhances Blogville.
- In my world I would only wear this sweater in October, Halloween month. I’m not a Halloween all year round person like H. She’s very into all the witchy, ghosty, jackolanterny things about Halloween. It isn’t a date on the calendar to her as it is to me.
- I was able to justify starting this sweater because the yarn is stash I was given. It would be a free sweater that freed up stash space. A double win.
- I have to knit a baby blanket before the November arrival of The Husband’s nephew’s third son. I don’t have enough of the yarn I used for the other two. The gray Plymouth Encore would be perfect: a wool blend in a boy friendly color that’s washable. I have many skeins of this yarn so if a 4th boy was announced at a later date I’d be all set. Don’t worry if the 4th was a girl I’ve got something for that too. My stash is extensive.
So what do you think? Should I keep going? Should I see the writing on the wall and just stop already? For now I’m going to take one of those excess skeins of gray Plymouth Encore and try out a baby blanket pattern. Either that or cast on some socks.