Look at that horrible photo. But it is an accurate representation of how I knit.
I was thinking it would be fun to do a quiz about habits. We all have them. They can be good like brushing and flossing your teeth every night before bed. They can be bad like giving in to too many cravings for chocolate when under stress. Feel free to answer the questions in the comments or leave a link if you’ll be answering them on your blog.
- Do you have good and/or bad habits when it comes to your crafting?
- What is your best habit? What is your worst habit?
- Some habits we have we don’t even realize until someone points it out. Do you have any of these?
- Do you believe habits can be cultivated? What habit would you like to encourage in yourself?
Here are my answers.
- I have both good and bad habits with my knitting. I get firmly in a rut as far as knitting location is concerned. I always sit in the same spot on the couch with my feet up and a pillow at my back. A couple of my bad knitting habits involve lack of willpower. I have over 7000 patterns in my Ravelry library. If I see a pattern I love I get it. Will I knit 7000 projects? I doubt it. I get a major itch to cast on the minute I run into a problem with my current project. It is all I can do to keep myself to three projects, my self-imposed limit.
- My best habit involves family dinner. As many evening per week as we can we eat dinner as a family at the table without cellphones. We try to talk about our day or whatever we have coming up. It’s a nonnegotiable in our house. My worst habit has to be my diet. I eat too many sweets and have a bad Pepsi habit. I try to eat healthy but often fail. I’m a work in progress.
- Well The Husband often assumes what I want to drink and has mentioned that I order the same foods from the same restaurants. He notices my habits for sure.
- I firmly believe that it’s possible to change our habits if we want to. I’d like to eat better particularly more vegetables and fruit. I’d like to crave fruit for dessert instead of chocolate cake. I’d like to get more exercise which I believe is a habit. I’m a work in progress here too.
I look forward to hearing about your habits.