I’ve had a headache the last few days. It’s probably pollen overload with all the leaves opening on the trees. I’m also getting minimal sleep, well, at night. I sleep great from about 6-10 in the morning, coincidentally when The Husband gets up. Overall I’m still functional but just barely. I’ve cut back on caffeine and increased water. The next thing that has to go is about half the sugar I’ve been gobbling in the form of treats. It’s always something here with the self-improvement stuff.
How about a random Q & A? Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link to your blog if you’ll be answering there. Here we go:
- What one thing has kept you from losing it entirely the last couple of months? It can be crafting but feel free to step outside that box.
- What meal is your absolute favorite? Be as vague or specific as you wish. Include an appetizer, dessert and drink if you wish.
- When you think back to your childhood, what is your fondest memory? Again feel free to be vague or specific.
- Do you plant a vegetable garden or a flower garden (or both!)? What is your favorite thing to grow? Do you ever experiment with what you grow? What was it?
Here are my answers.
- I have a few things that are making this pandemic time tolerable. First it was the fudge covered Devil Dogs. Then I moved on to Fritos and now I’m treating myself to Little Debbie Nutty Buddy Bars. Overall my eating habits have taken a nosedive.
- I have so many favorite meals. It depends on my mood, the season and whether I’ve eaten it recently. My death row last meal would be prime rib, baked potato, salad with Italian dressing, soft squishy white rolls and butter. If I’m cooking it myself I would say a turkey dinner with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, butternut squash, green beans and apple pie.
- I remember going on vacation with my mother, grandmother, cousin and aunt. We had so much fun. We went to the beach every day. One day we took the train which might have been the first time I’d been on a train. In the evening we sat on the screened porch. The week went by so fast.
- I used to garden. We have perennials and some bulbs that flower. We used to have a good size vegetable garden. My favorite flower to grow is zinnias. I am not great at growing them though. We used to have a small bed of asparagus but the rabbits always got to it before us. I hope to do some container gardening this year. I’m thinking a couple tomato plants on the patio. Maybe a pot of zinnias on the front steps if I can find some at the garden center.
Again, feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link to your blog.