I have read a few blog posts where people are talking about the good things they’ve experienced over the past week. I’ve been feeling my mood be very much affected by the weather and by the mood of my household members. Dwelling on the good as opposed to the bad seems like a good plan. So here are a few good things from this past week.
- Walking. The photo above shows yesterday. I’m tired and my feet hurt but it feels good to get a good long walk. I particularly have enjoyed spending time in the woods and walking through the neighborhood where people while distancing say hello and offer other encouraging words.
- I sewed masks! And they turned out usable. My sewing skills are rudimentary at best. My ability to operate my 35 year old sewing machine is minimal. My interest in sewing is moderate. I have a bunch of projects I’d love to try but sewing is an exact science compared to knitting where a mistake can be ripped out and reknit.
- I’ve been really enjoying and embracing my new morning ritual. I wake up a little later than normal. I sit on the couch in my pyjamas drinking iced coffee and playing games on my phone and reading blogs. Myles curls up next to me and naps. We enjoy a good hour of down time and then start our day.
- You won’t understand this unless you play Pokemon Go. I hatched 60 eggs this week and the last one was the shiny Riolu I’ve been hoping for.
- Finally, I finished my socks and have two projects ready to go but more about those tomorrow.
What good things have you experienced this week? Did you finish a project? Bake something tasty? Embrace a new routine?