Progress continues on the second sock. I’ve slacked the last couple of days. The weather has been spring-like so we’ve been out of the house during the afternoon when I would ordinarily get a few extra rows in. There is a morning knitting with my knit group later this week so there should be more visible progress soon.
When I was reading one of the comments on a sock quiz post Bonny mentioned that there should have been one more question on the sock quiz. She’s 100% right. So I’m adding a follow up here. There will be more than one question though. Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link if you’ll be posting the answers on your blog.
- Have you worn your knit/crocheted socks to the point of holes?
- Do you mend the holes? Do you throw the socks in the trash? Do you repurpose the yarn?
- Have you had a recipient return their socks when they get a hole? Do you mend the socks or just knit them another pair?
- Do you mend other projects (shawls, sweaters, hats…) or throw them away when they’re worn out?
Here are my answers.
- I have both worn holes in my socks and gotten mystery holes when the socks were being washed in the washing machine.
- I do not mend the socks. They end up in the trash. I look at it as the opportunity to add a new pair of socks to my sock drawer. Though I don’t need the excuse to cast on a new pair.
- I have had H get holes in her socks and they too just went into the trash.
- I have thrown out one sweater when the ribbing on the sleeves finally let go in multiple places. There is another sweater that has been waiting for me to repair a stitch that was cut by a chair. It’s probably an easy enough repair but I’ve put it off and now don’t want to think about it.