It’s all socks all the time here so I’ve been thinking about how many of us knit socks and how we each knit ours our own way. I thought a quiz was in order. Let’s talk socks!
- Do you knit/crochet socks?
- If yes, how long have you been making them? If no, why not?
- What is your preferred method? Top down, toe up? Which needles? Do you have a preferred heel type?
- Have you gifted socks? Were they worn, loved and appreciated?
- Could you make nothing but socks for the rest of your life and be happy?
- One of the most addictive things about sock knitting is the amazing selection of fingering weight yarn that is available. What is your favorite yarn for socks? Do you prefer solid or multicolor yarn? Do you have a fiber preference?
Here are my answers. Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link if you’re answering on your blog.
- Yes, in an obsessive way.
- I’ve been knitting socks for about 20 years.
- I knit mine top down with a heel flap. I have done toe up and other heel types. I’m not against them I just prefer my usual method. I use double pointed needles exclusively.
- I have made and gifted socks to others. The reviews were mixed. Some were worn and loved. Others I’m not so sure about. I consider them a gift I only give to someone I truly care about.
- I think I could knit socks forever. There are so many yarns and patterns that I don’t think I’d ever get bored.
- I will admit that I have a serious fingering weight yarn problem. I can very easily justify buying a skein or two of fun sock yarn. My stash is proof. My favorite sock yarn is a brightly multicolored skein. I like 20-25% nylon and merino wool. For the most part I don’t have a favorite brand/yarn dyer. My favorite thing is to try something new.