Alissa‘s post yesterday was about a really cool knitting book. She included a little fashion quiz. I am not one to give fashion advice since I wear mostly comfortable casual clothes from the thrift store. But I am always happy to share my opinion.
Here’s a knitting fashion quiz for you:
1. Do you think it’s true “if you wore it the first time around, you shouldn’t wear it the second (or third) time around?”
2. Do you believe there is a “first time around” anymore? Have you seen fashion produce anything new lately that you would like to wear?
3. Do you knit things you would never wear just because you want to knit them? Do you gift them afterward?
Here are my thoughts.
- No. Wear what you like. If you are comfortable in it and it makes you happy I say wear it.
- I don’t follow fashion. I’m all about comfort though I do prefer a classic timeless style. Give me jeans, a turtleneck and a cardigan and I’m set.
- I have a pile of knit items I don’t wear. When I knit them I thought I’d wear them but for one reason or another I don’t. They live in the cedar chest I inherited. I have been known to pull something out of there and gift it. But I’m pretty fussy about who I gift to so it doesn’t happen often.