Alissa posted this quiz. I can’t pass up a good quiz.
1. Share an image of a knitting pattern you love but would probably never knit. Hue Shift Afghan. It’s gorgeous. I love it. There is no way I’d make it.
2. What is your favorite knitting technique? Cables
3. Yarn: wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, hemp, silk, or acrylic? Wool or wool blend
4. Needles: wood, bamboo, metal, plastic, or casein? Metal
5. Would you go on a knitting vacation? If yes, which country’s yarn shops would you like to visit? I’d love to go on a knitting vacation. It would have to be to Iceland. I’ve wanted to go there forever.
6. Lace, fingering, sport, DK, worsted, or bulky? (If you had to choose just one) Fingering
7. Do you eat while knitting? If so, what? Not usually but maybe a few M&Ms. I’ll pause my knitting to have a snack in the evening.
8. Speckled yarn: yes or no? Yes. I say yes to most yarn.
9. Favorite knitting slang word? Tink
10. Can you do anything else while knitting? Watching or listening to something doesn’t count. I have read while knitting stockinette. Doing so makes both my knitting and reading slow so I don’t do it regularly.
11. Favorite knitting pattern designer? Martina Behm for shawls. Elizabeth Zimmermann for clothing.
12. Favorite yarn brand? Cascade for workhorse yarns. The Uncommon Thread for Indy dyer.
13. Intentional felting: yes or no? Yes.
14. Who taught you to knit? My mother and grandmother.
15. What’s your next knit? I have a sweater WIP to finish and then I might cast on another sweater. We’ll see.