Sometimes the hardest part of knitting is picking out a pattern. Because I’m doing Loopy Academy Grad School I have parameters I have to follow. There are three options:
And it has to be a sock pattern because as we know that is my major.
- A project with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel
- A project by Hunter Hammersen
- A project by Cookie A
After considering the options, and boy there were a lot, I narrowed it down to three:
While I really like Cleave I decided that since I already knit a cabled sock I would be better off choosing something else. Monkey socks are so tempting. Both versions are fantastic patterns. They’re quick to knit, comfortable to wear. But I’ve knit them like 4 times. That felt a little like cheating. So Hedera it is! I’ve had this pattern on my radar since it was first published in Knitty in 2006. I guess it’s time has come. Let’s hope the yarn cooperates.
- Cleave by Hunter Hammersen, a cabled sock
- Monkey Socks (or the no purl version) by Cookie A, an iconic sock pattern
- Hedera by Cookie A, a lace sock pattern