The photo is historical in nature. I think all this yarn has been knit or is buried deeply in the stash.
Some days I need a good kick in the ass. I let the general annoyances of life get in the way of my feeling happy and grateful and it just ruins my overall well-being. Here is a little list of things I am grateful for in no particular order. Feel free to add the things you’re grateful for in the comments.
- I am grateful for my quirky little family. As I’ve said before, we each march to the tune of our own kazoo. We are all unique individuals with varied interests who all love each other in spite of those wild quirks.
- I am grateful for sheep and the yarn that comes from them. Without that yarn I’d be a mad woman stabbing people with my double pointed needles.
- I am grateful for Spotify. Whatever my mood I can play songs that fit that mood. I can wallow, rage or mellow. Technology is good.
- I am grateful for long (and I mean looooong) walks in the woods. The quiet sounds of nature are soothing to the soul. Even the acorns that try to hit me on the head are enjoyable, mostly when they miss.
- I am grateful for my blog and the many people who I meet because of it. The world is a lot smaller place when you have friends on all continents. Hey, is there anyone out there from Antarctica? I think I’m still missing a friend from there. As I said, Technology is good.
- I am grateful for all the helpers: police, fire, emts, doctors, nurses, soldiers and anyone else who is just there to help when we need it. Remember to look for the helpers!
- I am grateful for ice cream and chocolate and peanut M&Ms and French fries and butternut squash. My life would be incomplete without indulgence of one kind or another.
I could go on and on but you get the idea. Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves so we remember. Don’t forget to include yours.