Alissa at Headknits posted her first Q & A. I just love answering questions and reading what others write.
These are Alissa’s questions.
- Do you set New Year’s Goals or Resolutions for yourself?
- Do you have any creative goals for the new year?
- Some people like to set a goal for a certain number of things to make for the year. For example: 18 in 18. Do you do this? If so, what is the number? How do you decide the number of things to make?
- Do you have blogging goals for the new year? If so, what are they?
- What is your favorite thing you’ve made in 2018? Post a pic!
Here are my answers.
1. I try not to make resolutions. It’s just setting myself up for failure. I think I’ll try going with a loose theme for this year. For my knitting the theme will be stash. I have so much yarn that I love but I keep buying new yarn to knit. This year I hope to use two skeins of stash for each skein purchased. I can’t say I won’t buy yarn. I’d fail almost immediately.
2. Part of using stash will be knitting a few sweaters and a baby blanket. If I learn a new technique or two that will be nice.
3. I set a goal of 20 items for 2018 and I’m currently one short. Must. Finish. The. Socks. I think I’ll set a skein goal for 2019 but I have to think about it first.
4. Blogging goals? Yes! Blog often, read lots of blogs for inspiration and make more blog friends.
My favorite knit of 2018 is my Mondo Cable Vest. I loved knitting the pattern. I love wearing the vest. I love the color and the yarn. It was a complete win.
Thank you Alissa for the great questions! I hope you’ll ask us some more soon.