I thought it might be fun to ask some holiday related crafting questions. If you’d like to answer in the comments feel free. If you’d like to post the answers on your blog please leave a link in the comments so we can all come by and read them.
- Have you made holiday decorations for your home? What have you made? Do you have a tradition of making something every year?
- Did you craft for holidays when you were a child? Do you have a memory of something you made?
- Do you gift items that you make? Do you surprise the recipient or do they request something? How do you judge their worthiness? Have you ever regretted gifting someone?
- Have you seen a crafty project you’d like to make but haven’t?
- I don’t have any decorations that I’ve made. We do have some ornaments on our tree that were made by The Husband, H and N. There may be a tiny cross stitch Santa I did back when I was first married. In my house we have more food traditions than crafting.
- I’ve always made things in general. There were lots of Christmas tree decorations. But one thing that sticks out in my mind is a bird house made from Reader’s Digest magazines. The pages were folded individually and then it was glued to a paper plate. Finally it was spray painted and a fake bird was attached to the plate. We then used it to hold Christmas cards. I made one every year for 4 or 5 years. I tried to find a photo online but couldn’t. Did anyone else make these?
- For the most part I don’t knit for holidays. I used to knit for my mother on occasion. I don’t like the pressure. I am a very selfish knitter (and crafter). Unless the person loves, uses and truly appreciates something they get nothing else.
- Have you seen Kathy’s mini mittens? I love it and would love to knit one.