I’ve enjoyed asking questions about knitting and crocheting but I thought it would be fun to make the questions even broader. If you’d like to answer in the comments that’s great. If you’d rather post your answers on your blog leave a link telling us so we can come and read them.
- What is the first actual craft you remember doing as a child? (Not coloring or finger painting. Something more special that you didn’t do regularly.)
- What is the craziest craft you’ve tried?
- What craft would you like to try but you know you’d be bad at it?
- If you had to give up your crafting how would you spend your crafting time?
- What craft isn’t your thing? Have you tried it or do you just know you wouldn’t like it?
- My mother bought me little craft kits when I was a kid. Every Saturday we would pick up my grandmother and take her shopping. We’d go to Grants and Woolworths (where we’d have lunch and if I was lucky I’d get a banana split for dessert!) and then get groceries and if I was good (aka not a complete pest) I’d get to pick out a cheap toy. Often times I’d get a craft kit. My favorites were these little sun catchers that you baked in the oven or Shrinky Dinks. Both were so much fun but made the kitchen smell awful.
- I did macrame when it was popular in the 70’s. I made a plant hanger. One was enough.
- Decoupage. I love the way other people’s projects look. Mine would look like scraps of paper stuck to something not art.
- I like to think I’d use my time to read or otherwise improve myself like get more exercise but I honestly think I’d spend more time playing games on my phone or doing genealogy research. I already do those things enough that it cuts into my knitting time.
- I know I’m not a jewelry maker. I don’t wear jewelry so making it doesn’t appeal. The closest I get is stitch markers and I prefer to have The Husband make them. He’s better with the fine detail than I am.
I can’t wait to read your answers!