I thought we could try something different: A Knitting (or crocheting) Q & A. Maybe it will kickstart all the motivation that seems to be missing.
2. What technique do you want to love but don’t?
3. What is your favorite item to make?
4. You’re only allowed to knit with one yarn weight forever. What weight is it and why?
5. What item that you made is your all time favorite?
If you want to answer on your blog just let us know in the comments. If you want to answer here in the comments that’s great too.
Here are my answers:
1. I can’t believe how much I enjoy adding beads to a project. The photo above is Celestarium. I loved knitting it even when the beads made me feel like I was all thumbs. I’ve since done socks and a couple more shawls with beads. I’m sure I’ll do another project in the future.
2. I love colorwork. I am drawn to the sweaters in particular. Over and over I buy yarn and patterns and before I’m more than half a skein in I’m wishing I had picked something else. It just isn’t my thing to knit.
3. I love to knit socks. I can almost knit them in my sleep. If I had to knit socks forever I’d be perfectly happy to do so.
4. Fingering weight all the way. I really like it for socks, hats and cowls. The wild colored ones are my favorite.
5. I knit a top down navy blue cardigan in Cascade 220. Other than socks it was my most worn item. I wore holes in the cuffs on the sleeves and it was quite nubby by the time I finally admitted it’s time was past.
- What technique were you surprised that you enjoyed?
This entry was posted in Knits
. Bookmark the permalink