Before the planning I have one piece of housekeeping. Olivia asked me to change the photo at the top of my blog. She thought for sure my having a snow photo was the reason our weather here in Massachusetts has been less than seasonable. I hope this photo brings on the warm weather but if we’re suddenly in the high 90’s every day I’m putting the snow photo back.*
The requirement for the Camp Loopy July project was announced yesterday. We are supposed to challenge ourselves in some way. Well knitting a big project in July will be a challenge for multiple reasons and that is before I even pick out a pattern. July tends to be hot and that just sucks away my knitting mojo. We’re also planning a little vacation and I never manage to knit more than a few rows when we’re in vacation mode. In the car I handle the navigation and once we’re settled in our hotel at night I’m just too tired. I’ll have to consider those lost days. So with these things in mind I’ve picked out a few possible projects. I won’t make up my mind for sure until I have the yarn I ordered in my hands. I’ll tell you all about that once it arrives.
The patterns I picked will be a challenge for multiple reasons.
- Waiting For Rain by Sylvia McFadden I’ve never knit one of her patterns as far as I can remember. The short row lace inserts will be a challenge after only doing one pattern with a simple short row lace insert.
- Water by Sylvia McFadden same reasons above.
- Taumini by Francoise Danoy I’ve not knit one of her patterns. This would be the largest shawl I’ve ever knit.
- Birch Bark by Janina Kallio New to me designer
- Knitshades (deadly?) Boomerang by Susan Ashcroft This looks like it would require lots of keeping track of where you are. That’s a challenge for me all the time.
Have you knit any of these? Do you have an opinion?
*I do all my blogging on my phone so I never see the desktop view. I’d completely forgotten what photo was there. Olivia: Thanks for the heads up!
The photo of the peony is from a few years ago. They don’t look great this year.