I happened on this on Katja’s blog. My answers are below:
- Your earliest memory of sewing/crafting?
- What is your most beautiful make?
- What is your most challenging make?
- Your most unpractical make that you like but can’t really wear/use?
- What is your most worn/used make?
- If you had no limits, what would you like to create?
- What is your favourite material to work with?
- What is the next technique you would like to learn?
- What is the topmost item on your sewing/crafting wish list?
- What is one sewing/crafting challenge you want to take for the year 2018?
- I remember being in a yarn store with my mother and grandmother. I was about 4 years old. The wall had tons of skeins of pastel acrylic yarn. I was playing with my mother’s blue metal needles (which I now have) and the saleswoman said I shouldn’t play with them unless I know how to use them correctly. I remember thinking she was cranky and needed a nap. I learned to knit some time in the next year or so.
- I would have to say Celestarium. It’s just gorgeous but I never wear it because it’s a bit small. I think of it more as art anyway.
- The Christmas stockings were a challenge but that was mainly because I didn’t like doing them. Knitting with a pattern isn’t difficult for me. The challenge is more obstacles in my just getting things done.
- Celestarium is one but then again I don’t wear most of the shawls I make. They really don’t fit my lifestyle but that doesn’t stop me from making them.
- Without a question it’s the socks. I love wearing the socks I’ve knit.
- I’d like to knit a fingering weight cardigan that fits well in a decadent yarn that doesn’t pill easily. Maybe something with colorwork.
- I love brightly colored sock yarn, a Merino nylon blend.
- I’d like to steek a sweater. It scares me just a little.
- I guess blocking wires or a new sock yarn I’ve never tried.
- I want to complete Loopy Academy. There is one more semester for senior year. I’m hoping there is another Loopy Ewe challenge on the horizon too.
Are you going to take the challenge and answer the questions on your blog?