The Dream Stripes shawl is done and finally blocked. The more things I knit the more obvious to me it is that I am a process knitter. I don’t care much about the blocking and wearing, I’m all about the knitting.*
The pattern is Dream Stripes Shawl by Berangere Cailliau. The yarn is Berroco Ultra Alpaca fine in salt and pepper and redwood mix. I changed the pattern based on suggestions on Ravelry. I moved the increases to the front and changed the stitches. I’ll add some notes to my project page on Ravelry if I can figure out what I did with them. The yarn is just a wee bit scratchy and the red let go of a ton of dye when blocking. Other than that it was a pleasure to knit with and the gray and red make lovely contrasting stripes. In the end I’m glad I ended up with the red stripe around the end. It pulls the whole thing together.
*Except for socks. I love wearing freshly knit socks!