I was so surprised when Tina at Kristabella’s Hodgepodge awarded me the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you so much! I am honored.
Now there are some rules to follow when accepting the award…
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
• Write a post to show your award
• Give a brief summary of how your blog started and give two pieces of blogging advice
• Nominate up to 15 bloggers for this award
• Comment on each blog to let them know that they are nominated and provide a link to your post announcing the award nomination.
How I Started My Blog: Eons ago, long before Ravelry I discovered knitting blogs and a whole new world opened for me. I was able to read about knitting, which I had always done alone, and I was exposed to so many new to me yarns and patterns. It was an enlightening event that I will never forget. After reading these blogs for a while I decided that I too wanted a place to talk about my knitting and NothingButKnit was born. I started off on the now defunct Blog-City and moved to WordPress when they closed up shop.
My Blogging Advice:
- Be real. Talk about the good and the bad. I share what really happens with my knitting from dog drool on the yarn to fantastic finished object and everything in between. Not every blog has to be a perfect lifestyle blog.
- Comment (or click the like button ) on other people’s posts. You build a relationship with the blog writers who you read. Then over time people will read your blog and comment and you will have become friends.
- Kathy at Sewing Etc. She knits, she sews, she gardens. She’s amazing!
- Chris at chrisknitssews. She knits, she sews and she has the cutest dogs! She’s fantastic!
- Tony at The Yarn Blabber. He knits, he crochets, he cross-stitches. He’s wonderful!