Or why I think I’m a bad person. Everyone has bad habits. Things they do that they know they shouldn’t but it’s a habit and they do it anyway. I’m right there, not at the front of the line but pretty darn close.
Now that we’re just about done with January and I’ve done pretty ok with the 17UFOsin2017 I think it’s time I fess up on a few bad habits and see if I can maybe rein them in a little. They are habits so I can’t expect to give them all up and be perfect.
- I hate to dust. I can “clean” the entire house and leave a coating of dust mostly undisturbed on every flat surface. I’m not proud of this. I just have the ability to not see it.
- Pinterest I love you. There is something about reading through their suggested things and pinning them into categories for later reading that makes me feel like I’m accomplishing something. But I never read them. I do sometimes make the recipes I pin but all the other things-never. I really either have to stay off that part of Pinterest since it is a major time waster or actually go through and read some of this stuff that I thought looked so interesting. I would like the cabinet under my kitchen sink to be all neat and organized with the little baskets you can buy at the Dollar store.
- I have a refrigerator that is covered with stuff being held on with magnets. All these things seem so important that I have to have them at my fingertips or eye view so I know where they are. But much of it isn’t all that necessary. Now and then I take everything off, cull what isn’t needed and yet a few months later I’m back where I was. I need a stainless steel refrigerator so magnets won’t stick to it.
- I save much of the paper that comes into this house. There is mail, bills, receipts, lists and just about anything that might be needed later. Now and then I’ll sit down and shred a bunch of it. I need a better system for organizing this (Help me Pinterest!) or a secretary to handle all this paper. Why can’t I just deal with it once and be done.
- I love to read blogs. I have a bunch I read every day. The vast majority are knitting related. If a like button can be clicked I’ll click it but I don’t often comment. It’s easy to click. It’s harder to say something interesting, useful or original. I’m going to make an effort to comment. I love when people comment here and I suspect others feel the same way.
- In the past I’ve talked about my addiction to Pepsi. This isn’t Pepsi, it’s Coke but the problem is the same. I love the bubbly brown drink when poured over ice. A few times I’ve managed to get off of it for months but here I am back again. I don’t need the sugar/calories or the bad stuff it does to your teeth. It’s a habit (and an addiction.)
- The clutter is back already. See it’s a bad habit!
I could go on and on. I’m a work in progress. What about you? What are your bad habits? Are you working on them?