I was quite gung ho when I first read about 17 UFOs in 2017. It seemed so doable. But here I sit on 1/2/2017 trying to decide if I should make the leap. I’ve had a serious look at my Ravelry projects and there are 11 candidates sitting there. I also have non-knitting things that need doing. I think if I modify things to my needs and I don’t hold myself to too high a standard I’ll be fine. So here it is. My Plan.
My list of 11 knitting UFOs and 2 current WIPs.
- White Pine: I started this in December 2010 and revisited it in April 2011 after putting it down for an unknown reason.
- Fiddlehead Mittens: These were started in December 2011.
- Steampunkery Socks: I started these, repeatedly as I remember in April 2013. They were very advanced for my knitting ability and the pattern was confusing. The designer revamped the pattern a while back. Hopefully my knitting skills have improved because I want these socks.
- Cassidy Cardigan: Started October 2011. From what I remember it is nearly done. I doubt it will fit but it is nearly done.
- Purple Cardigan:Started November 2012. I know a lot of this is done.
- Barn Raising Quilt: Started July 2009. This was meant to be a long term project, but not this long. I don’t remember how many squares I have done. I know I lost interest when I saw the mitre square blanket.
- Posey Pin Cushion: Started August 2010. The parts are done and stuffed. It just has to be put together.
- Nadine Socks: Started April 2011. Nice pattern. Nice yarn. But together not so nice.
- Kandahar Socks: Started January 2012. Something shiny distracted me is all I can say.
- Round Dishcloth: Knit March 2009. It needs a seam. There is no excuse.
- I Love Gansey Socks: Started before August 2007. I don’t really remember them much.
- Pine Forest Blanket: My current work in progress started December 2016.
- Puerperium: All knit, just needs buttons and blocking.
For the knitting UFOs above and others I may find along the way I will either complete the project or rip it out depending on my whim at the time. By the end of 2017 all projects dated before 1/1/2017 will be completed or listed as frogged by 12/31/2017.
Part 2 of my 17 UFOs in 2017 is going to be my house. We are living in disarray. We have too much stuff, over flowing cabinets, closets and drawers. Piles stacked in the corners. By the end of 2017 I will have cleaned out and reorganized every closet, cabinet, dresser, room and garage. In the spring the yard will be addressed.
I plan to post my progress weekly on each of the projects I have worked on to keep myself accountable. New projects will be allowed so I can keep up with Loopy Academy and the Christmas stocking I know I have to have knit by Thanksgiving.
Wish me luck! And are you in? Be sure to visit Meredithe’s blog to get all the info and join the fun.