Here in the US it’s Thanksgiving. We set aside today to show thankfulness, eat turkey and watch football, the odd game with the oval ball. I am thankful for all the usual things: family, friends, freedom… Lets do something a little different.
The things I am thankful for as a knitter:
- Ravelry. They changed the world for fiber folks.
- Knitting/Crochet blogs. I have knitter friends all over the world. I can learn from someone I will never meet.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann. Her inovations influence me every day.
- The person who first created self striping sock yarn. I love you and it more than I should admit.
- Fancy stitch markers. Sure a loop of yarn will mark a spot for me but having beautiful jewelry for my WIPs elevates my knitting from craft to art.
- My knitting group. Meeting a group of people who I probably wouldn’t have contact with otherwise has enriched my life greatly.
- Fiber festivals. A place to worship with my people. There aren’t words for the overload of emotion that can be felt in one place.
I could go on and on. What are you thankful for as a yarn loving person?
If you are celebrating Thanksgiving I hope you have a wonderful day. If you are having a usual Thursday, enjoy! I hope everyone gets a little extra yarn time.