I have finally completed the last of the required Loopy Academy projects: something with stripes. I favorited this pattern over 3 years ago, right after it was released. I have considered knitting them a few time in the past but I always had an excuse: didn’t have the right yarn, didn’t have enough brain cells, wasn’t in the mood to stripe… That is a major thing about knitting for Camp Loopy or Loopy Academy that keeps me participating: I knit things I’ve wanted to knit but have put aside for something easier. I like the challenge it brings to my knitting.
Anyway, the pattern is Laurelhurst by Star Athena. I knit them in The Loopy Ewe solid series in dove and slate gray. I did them on size 1 1/2 US needles over 60 sts. They fit but are a shade tight. I’m hoping a brief soak and then putting them on the sock blockers will bring them to the perfect size. As I mentioned last week I made a mistake knitting the cuff of the socks. I missed a half repeat, oops! I went with it on the second sock so they are a pair but not as the pattern intended. I would knit this pattern again, maybe with the thinner stripes. I’d like to try it with one solid yarn and one variegated. And next time I’ll get the entire cuff done correctly.