Yesterday I spent a couple of hours reading over the pattern, knitting and tinking. Of course I have changed things because I know what I like/want and will get there one way or another. First I changed the needle size to US size1, my preferred size. I like my sock fabric to be somewhat dense. Then I changed the cast on to the Turkish cast on I used with the Stitch Surfer socks. I’m sure this will be my go to cast on for toe up socks. I knew as I read through the pattern that the size options might be an issue. I like a 64 stitch sock on size US 1 needle and the available pattern sizes were 60 or 68. I tried the 68 because the 60 looked way too narrow. 68 was too wide so I ripped back to 64 sts and figure I’ll just make it work.
I was very tempted to rip the whole thing out and change the cast on to 16 sts but decided that rewriting the entire pattern was insane. Hopefully today I will just knit and not spend my knitting time reinventing the pattern.
If you’d like to read more WIP Wednesday posts be sure to visit Tami’s Amis blog.
* I wrote this post on my phone. Sorry there are no links. My post from yesterday has the pattern and yarn info and the link to Tami’s WIP Wednesday posts is over on the right.