The new schedule is very difficult to get used to. There are things I like about it and things I really hate.
- I hate that The Husband gets home at 8PM. There is no way I’m holding dinner until that time so we eat in two shifts. I hate that too. Getting in at 8 means that The Husband spends only a few minutes with N in the evenings. This is starting to show or maybe it’s just puberty that’s making him cranky.
- Having The Husband here in the morning is nice. I have lazed in bed a couple of times and let him drive H to work. One day he even took N to school and I didn’t get dressed until 9!
- I’m not getting enough sleep. The Husband stays up later than he used to because he needs time to relax and unwind. I have to get up at 6 most mornings and having the TV on until 11 or 12 or later interrupts my sleep.
- Because my father can no longer be left alone it is difficult for my mother to get out. We have been having H or The Husband stay with my father when my mother wants to go to the grocery store, pharmacy or bank. This involves some early morning trips to the grocery store which I kind of like. There are fewer people shopping, parking is easier and there seems to be fewer things that are out of stock. Of course I did find the woman sipping her coffee while browsing at the yogurt annoying.
- I’m finding it difficult to squeeze in blogging. My habit has always been to blog in the morning either between dropping H and N off or right after I drop N off. Those times are unpredictable now so I’m floundering. I also feel like my life is boring, not that it was exciting before but at least then I had time to bake or find something fun/interesting on the internet to talk about. I haven’t even read a blog in days.
- Look peas!
- I’m trying to find pleasure in the little things. Today I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the floors. Now I just have the rest of the house to clean.