I was so honored and surprised when Midknit Owl gave me this award! Thank you so much. Now lets see if I can do this justice.
The Leibster Award is given by bloggers, to bloggers, and it’s purpose is to highlight blogs with under 200 followers that deserve a look. Encouraging people to visit blogs that others enjoy seems like a great initiative. The rules for the award are pretty straightforward:
1. Post eleven facts about myself
2. Answer the questions given to me by the person who nominated me
3. Invent eleven questions to ask people whom I wish to nominate for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link to them in my post.
5. Go to their blog and tell them.
My Eleven Facts:
- I feed the squirrels and birds in my backyard leftover bread and have bought bags of peanuts as a treat for them.
- I majored in accounting in college.
- I never drink alcohol. Too many bad memories from childhood.
- I have 4 first cousins and all are female.
- I am the last person in my father’s family line who had the family name.
- I hate cold pizza.
- Sometimes I go on food jags like a toddler. Currently I’m loving Richie’s root beer italian ice.
- I prefer to eat cereal dry.
- I’d like to paint my finger and toe nails but I’m not high maintenance enough to bother.
- I feel guilty about how much yarn I have.
- Reading back through these I think I have a food obsession.
Eleven Questions Answered
1. Rain or snow? Rain
2. How did you first start knitting and/or crafting? My mother and grandmother liked to knit. They taught me so I wouldn’t nag them to teach me.
3. Would you prefer to live somewhere very warm, or somewhere very cold? My body would prefer to live somewhere very warm but my knitting habit would like to live where it is very cold. If I had an unlimited budget for heat I would go with very cold.
4. What’s the strangest place you’ve ever knitted/crafted? No place really strange but I will knit pretty much anywhere.
5. If you had to invite three historical figures to dinner, who would they be? Edgar Allen Poe, The Virgin Mary and DaVinci.
6. What talent would you like to learn? I wish I could whistle really loudly.
7. Favourite movie? Love Actually
8. First pet? I can’t remember if I had the fish first or our miniature poodle Fiddle.
9. British comedy or US sitcom? British of course
10. If you could go on holiday right this minute, where would you go? Great Britain.
11. Favourite Sunday afternoon activity? Why knitting of course.
My Eleven Questions for Nominees:
- What is your favorite color?
- How were you punished as a child?
- What is your favorite book?
- Dog or Cat?
- If you were going to have a party what would the theme be?
- Who is your favorite actor or actress?
- What have you learned recently that surprised you?
- Have you ever done anything illegal?
- What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you were to write an autobiography what would you call it?
- Would it be easier for you to go a week without TV or chocolate?
My Nominees Are:
If you have a few minutes do check out these blogs.