I sent the husband to the garden center the other day because we have been seeing some little tiny flies walking on the dirt in the lemon tree pot. He spoke with the woman at the information desk and found out we have some sort of mite that lays eggs in the top couple of inches of rich soil. He did use compost for the lemon tree so it would appear we have mites. They won’t eat the plants or anything but they are annoying when they fly by your face or end up floating in your drink. He got some new soil and spray stuff to kill the bugs. On the way through the checkout the woman asked if he would like a free lily. They were leftovers from Easter and they intended to throw them away. I now have a rather large lily living on my dining room table. It’s really pretty and still has a few buds left to open. The smell is amazing. The only real drawback is the pollen! This thing is spitting clots of bright yellow pollen all over the table. I suppose it’s better than the flies though.