I feel like I’ve been on a treadmill, always moving but never getting anywhere. I’m sure you’ve had weeks like that. So what have I been doing?
- It’s school vacation week. There has been lots of keeping N busy and toting him here and there. There has been lots of lacrosse both organized and solo. 4 1/2 hours of scheduled practice plus a game, which they won! That’s a lot of knitting time though I used most of it reading but not at the game.
- I’ve been doing a bit more than my usual “good daughter” stuff. A trip to the bank with my father and uncle that was for not but will be repeated next week. An unexpected trip to my father’s doctor for something that was nearly an emergency but not serious. A trip to the hospital for my mother involving tests. Mostly routine.
- I did some cooking and killed my oven. I’ll see about having it fixed next week when I have a bit more time. We’ve been living on top of the stove cooking or sandwiches.
- More cleaning with the cousins. This has been fruitful as I (or my father) seems to want the stuff they don’t. My father was thrilled to get this father’s wallet with all the contents. It hasn’t seen the light of day since the late 1950’s.
- Evidence of another ancestor has been discovered. This is my father’s grandmother on his father’s side, my paternal great grandmother, Annie. She passed away in the 1920’s well before my father was born.
- The biggest thing I’ve learned this week is to tell your children about family. Talk about the people you knew who have passed. They may not want to know the information now but later when they are faced with an bunch of unmarked photos they will at least have an idea of who they are looking at. Also, label the photos if you know who is who. I’m looking into the faces of people who look like people I know. I have a list of names and birth dates. Putting these two things together is extremely difficult if not impossible.