What a week. I disappeared on you. Sorry about that. I have been sick, icky sick. I had a nasty stomach bug. I still don’t feel right. I have no interest in doing anything and the stuff I have to do is a struggle. There have been lessons as there are in just about everything.
- It is nearly impossible to calm a worried child when you are on opposite sides of the bathroom door. The only solution was to say “I’m fine. Go watch TV.” I am not proud of that solution but at the time it worked.
- It is possible to hate food. I couldn’t even watch TV for a few days for fear of seeing a commercial. Food Network and Cooking Channel were off limits until yesterday. To be honest, I still don’t feel much like eating. I’m not looking forward to grocery shopping.
- It is possible to not want to knit and not mind. Normally I am at a loss when I have no will to knit. This week I didn’t care and again, to be honest, still don’t.
- Gingerale is magic. I would have gone without any calories for days had it not been for the golden nectar of Canada Dry. It will always be in my kitchen.
- Two males left on their own can destroy a house in no time. At the time I really didn’t care but now that I see what has been left in their wake I wish I had left a list of stuff for them to keep on top of. One step at a time is all I can do.
- Losing 5-10lbs over the course of a week has been a surprise. My pants feel comfortable, even loose. I am visibly thinner according to the mother of N’s friend. But stomach flu as diet is not the way to go, ever.
- Napping is always good.
- Laundry never ends.
I hope you are all well.